Raising the Standards For Halal Accreditation
European Halal Services (EHS) approve Halal accreditations for processes and final products on an annual and contractual basis. For a product to be approved by EHS, it must meet the ‘Halal Criteria’ - explained in "What is Halal?"
An Overview of Our Procedures:
- Submit application form (with a refundable deposit), including a full list of ingredients and supporting ‘material safety data sheets’ (MSDS)
- At this pre-audit stage, your submission will be assessed to meet the ‘Halal Criteria’
- Upon pre-audit satisfaction, our inspector will carry out an evaluation of the manufacturing site, company's processes and procedures and hygiene
- Following the site inspection, a written report will be sent out to highlight any possible non-compliance issues, along with recommendations
- Upon completion of recommendations (if any), a Halal certificate will be issued, valid for a period of 12 months. Approved client will then be entitled to use the EHS logo
- EHS has to be notified in writing, about any additions or removal of ingredients or change of manufacturing process, prior to actual implementation. This may be a chargeable service depending on the complexity of changes
To protect intellectual property rights, we are happy to sign a confidentiality agreement. If you are interested in acquiring Halal accreditation, please Contact Us.
EHS fees are based on an organisation's turnover and the number of products certified. This flexible approach ensures that start-ups can benefit from having their products certified alongside large multi-nationals. A full cost breakdown is provided based on personal requirements, number of products and complexity of ingredients. Please Contact Us for more information and/or for an application form.
Our areas of expertise include accrediting the following:
- Health Supplements
- Food Ingredients
- Food Processing/Manufacturing
- Food Products
- Meat by-products
- Toiletries & Cosmetics
- Health & Beauty Products
- Stabilisers & Enzymes